Monday, November 1, 2010

Before the Boys and Girls Club...

I am looking forward to meeting the students at the Boys and Girls Club and helping them create their very own digital stories. As I reflect on my own experience creating a digital story I think that the only way I got through it was patience. I found myself frustrated and confused as I created my own digital story--I imagine that it may be difficult to keep the the students attentive and actually teach them rather than do it for them. If I had to guess I would say that some students will be really excited about this project. They will know how they want it to look turn out, but others will not be fully engaged in what they are doing. If the student isn't already really excited about making a digital story I will show him or her some examples of digital story that we made in class. I think that will get him or her excited to get creative and try something new.

I do have one fear. What if I am unable to help my student as much as they need me? I was able to make my digital story because Gyra was able to show me how to use iMovie. I can use iMovie now, but I don't thinhk that is the program we will be using with the students. I hope that it will be similar to iMovie. However, I do feel very comfortable using Audacity. It was a piece of cake!

In all honesty I am mostly excited about meeting someone new. I love to meet new people are hear about their lives--especially children. I volunteer at CHAT and my favorite part is hearing the childrens stories--some sad and some inspiring. I think it will be a great afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment