Friday, November 19, 2010

Boy's and Girl's Club

Davena was on top of her game at the Boy's and Girl's Club on Monday. She had her interview done and her story written out so we were ready to roll! Gyra and I helped her edit her narrative and add some imagery to set the scene. We told her that she did a great job, but to be honest I was not all that impressed. Before I continue I must admit that I have not had much experience working with children in the classroom so I do not know what most children her age are capable of, but her writing just did not seem to be at a 5th grade caliber. Her sentences we random. There was no sequenceing and the majority of the narrative was unrelated to the topic.She seemed really proud to have interviewed her Daddy and Uncle and tell us about them. Their pearl of wisdom was "Obey your parents". Nice job Dad--just sneak that in there! I imagine that most parents would have given a follow your dreams-type pearl of wisdom. Interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment