Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Reflection on Boys and Girls Club Experience

I had a wonderful time at the Boys and Girls Club yesterday. Gyra and I worked with a fifteen year old girl who was pretty excited about creating a digital story. I think all of the students are probably pretty excited because it is something that they chose today. The student that Gyra and I worked with is looking forward to her interview with a female police officer. I imagine that she will have several "pearls of wisdom" to share. She didn't seem to nervous about the interview or actually preparing the digital story. Similarly to the way I felt before starting the digital story, I had anxiety about how to actually put the story together. I reassured her that while it seemed mysterious now it would all come together in the end. I also told her that if I could do it--she could do it! I am looking forward to going back to help her put her presentation together. I think it will be a lot of fun to work with her again!

1 comment:

  1. Allie-
    It is great that your student was enthusiastic about the project. It is always so much more motivating to have a student who wants to create the project. This makes you and Gyra definitely more into helping her achieve her goal.

    ReplyDelete